Tuesday 22 September 2015

Tea for 2... Or 20 (and the rest)




Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Now, I know I said I wouldn't post until after I had moved into halls and had survived freshers week with most of my liver intact. However, you wonderful people are about to receive a double dose because I had an a rather interesting Sunday afternoon. Now, don't ever say I don't treat you well.

So, my Sunday was going how it usually would. Waking up gracefully to the sound of birds tweeting at 6am *Ahem*  Falling out of bed with only 45 minutes to get ready for church, flying through the shower and throwing some clothes on to get out the door. The church service was wonderful (many thanks to Peter for leading it!) I knew that that afternoon I couldn't stay long for coffee after the service because we were expecting my aunts, uncles and cousins to be arriving for tea and cake and come 3pm, they turned up... But so did my brother and his family, okay, there was my mum's cake to eat so I could see the attraction; then my godmother, my godfather and his family, friends from church, my childhood best friend. And then it hit me. I was stood in my own surprise leaving party.



Oh My...




It transpires my Mum had managed to work out how to "do that thing on Facebook to make a private group." and had invited all of these magnificent people for tea, cake, wine, sandwiches, quiche and other nibbles. And for that; I can't thank her enough, I couldn't think of a more perfect afternoon and send off with my family and friends. My mum isn't just my mother, she's my best friend. So mum, here's to you*raises mug of green tea*

And if you're a guest who came and you're reading this, thank you, thank you for coming, thank you for supporting me, motivating me and inspiring me over all of these years, I couldn't of gotten this far without you. And thank you for the gifts and freshers survival kits, God knows I'm going to need them!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, so many of us are going to miss you. We have seen you grow into the wonderful young woman that you are, and we all know that you will have the most amazing time at Uni and will thrive and flourish whilst there. In addition, I know that you will encourage and mentor others! Have the most fabulous time and don't forget us. Fran

    ReplyDelete