Monday 16 November 2015

"Set Goals... And Then Smash 'em" My plans for the next few months


Looks like I'm going on a bit of a blogging rampage at the moment but I've learnt that the best way to smash my goals is to publicize them. So what better platform than a blog that can be seen by anyone and everyone, lovely, no pressure there. These goals will be a mixture of fitness, self-care, academia, work and travel based goals. Almost like world's earliest set of New Years resolutions! Every couple of weeks I'll write a review post on how I'm doing in terms of achieving these goals.

And as we all have hopefully learnt from my previous blog posts, I quite like lists. So, here's another!

1) To get back into my fitness grind -

This goal is probably the simplest (supposedly) on my list. Back in 2013 I made the decision to try and lose weight and I am pleased to say I have been successful in doing so, I went from 13st (on a 5"4 frame) and a size 18 to currently 10st 8 and a size 10 (And yes, I am still as short as I was before. Booo!) I may, if there's demand for it, post how I lost weight. (Please, remember, I am not a dietitian, a personal trainer or anything of the like, so what worked for me, may not work for everyone.) Unfortunately, there was a very bleak time whilst I was doing this where I dropped to a little below 9st 7 in a very unhealthy way by restricting and spending hours on cardio machines. But, power-lifting and weight training saved my life, I met one of the best non-coach, coaches in the world who taught me to love drop sets and super sets, shout out to you! I just really want to get back into it. At the moment I'm only going at most 1-2x a week, so I want to challenge myself to 3-4x a week, even if it's only 30 minutes on a treadmill. (Sorry, coach!)

2) Attempt to get a 1st (Or at least the closest to a 1st I can get)

I'm waiting for the cries from my family and close friends as they read this - "No, Rebecca, no! don't put too much pressure on yourself, first year doesn't count!" Well, to me, it does and it would be a monumental confidence boost for when I go into my 2nd year and to me, it becomes a motivational factor. I may cry, scream and have to rely on my neighboring flat mate to come and rescue me occasionally but I'll get there, watch me. (Ooooh, fighting talk...)

3) Complete my diving internship and become a dive master -

This is going to be my major achievement of 2016, In the July I'll be flying out to Gran Canaria to work for Scuba Sur (one of the best diving schools on the island, just saying) in exchange for them giving me all the appropriate training and resources to become a dive master. Better start brushing up on some Spanish then. How do you ask where the bar is in Spanish?

4) Meditate more -

This is the self-care aspect, for a brief period of time I would try and meditate once a week better it soon disappeared when the workload starting piling up. Which is a shame really, it probably would've helped me with my anxiety and stress, I intend on trying to meditate or listen to my hypnotherapy for 10 minutes every 2 weeks, hopefully, increasing the frequency of these 10 minute sessions as time goes on and I work them into my schedule.

5) Look after number 1 -

This might sound like one of the most selfish comments you will ever come across on my blog but I can be immensely hard on myself, I beat myself up for getting two A*s, an A and a C at A level because of that ONE C grade, in hindsight now I think I did pretty damn well. but I want to try and stop that and be a bit more self-forgiving, there's more to life than just my grades and my work performance, I know but it's just how my mind is programmed I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment