Saturday 5 March 2016

An Open Letter to My Mother...

(Hopefully, If I've scheduled this right and got the date correct this post should be up around Mother's Day here in the UK.)

I talk about my mother a lot in my blogs and so I decided that she is entitled to a post completely dedicate to her. So here we go Mum, this is for you.

Dear Mum/Mother/Mother G/Momma/Momma G/Momma Goodwin,

Firstly, I would like to apologise because knowing my luck with the way Uni timetabling ha spanned out I'm not actually going to be home with you for Mother's Day, and I can tell you that I'm as upset about it as you are. Secondly, I would also like to apologise if the courier has failed abysmally at delivering your present on time, blame moonpig, not me. I didn't have enough character space on your card to write everything that I wanted too. To say thank you for everything you've done and I feel this blog post is the ebst way to do that, some of these things I can't say out loud without crying. Before people start and say "Why don't you just tell her yourself?!" I digress, there's only one way to do this and that's in a list. So, Mum, here we go -

7 Things That Are Great About Momma G! -

1) Your Cake Making Skills Are Top Notch! 

Literally Momma, I don't know anyone else that can make cakes half as good as you do. They are always so light and fluffy that they call for seconds, and thirds (...and fourths if me and Dad had our way.) Hopefully, one day when I have the time to bake, I can make cakes as good as you!

2) You Give The Best Advice!

Yes, you have full permission to say "I told you so!" on so many moments in my life where I was young and naive, and completely ignored your advice. But truth be told Mum, I should've taken it, I should've listed on so many things but I've learnt now. That's why whenever something is wrong, no matter how big or small it is, I will always come to you first because I know you will be able to fix it.

3) You're My Best Friend -

If I had the choice between a night out or a cosy evening in, watching films or some awful Saturday night TV with you. I would always choose the latter, you always know how to make me laugh, and we have similar tastes in films and TV, plus we have the best gossiping sessions about people.

4) You Give The Best Cuddles -

No further explanation needed, they are the best!

5) You Can See Where My Work Ethic Comes From -

Literally Mum, you work so hard and sometimes a little too hard! :( But I can remember you studying for all your tests when you went back to college in your 40s, I remember you wanting to work with children; to help them in their lives. It's that burning desire to follow your dreams and want to better yourself inspires me. Every. Darn. Day.

6) You're The Strongest Person I Know -

I've watched you suffer through the chemotherapy for breast cancer, laugh it off when you lost your hair, refuse to wear the wigs because you felt more comfortable without! I've seen you suffer through mastectomy surgery, then to the burns of radiotherapy. But through all of that, you never stopped smiling, sure you had your sad times but you also kept me and Dad smiling. Speaking of Dad and I, I know it probably hasn't been easy for you bearing the emotional weight of two people with mental health issues but somehow you do, we love you so much Mum, we really do. So much so that we can't ever really put it into words.

7) You're A Momma To Everyone -

Everybody's welcome in your house (Well, provided they've never upset any of us, in which use, you become their worst nightmare!) The kettle's always on and no matter what problems they bring with them, they are never judged, always loved and no matter what, you'll probably have them sorted out by the time they leave the house again.

I could go on and on, and on but yet again I would probably run out of characters like I did on moonpig or I would end up writing a novel. But I love you so much, I hope you have a lovely day and I'll take you out for coffee and lunch when I get back. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Your mum is wonderful. She is my mummy role model. If I can be half the mum she is i will be very happy. She truly is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne you are the Mother of the year in my books. you are one of a kind . I love who you are and what you stand for your my kind of exceptional MOM love you and enjoy your day. xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne you are the Mother of the year in my books. you are one of a kind . I love who you are and what you stand for your my kind of exceptional MOM love you and enjoy your day. xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful post. You Mum sounds like she's a great person, and you can really see your love for her in that picture!

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete