Wednesday 25 May 2016

Your wait is finally over... for now.


You're probably all sat there wondering, where the bloody hell I've been, why such an unannounced hiatus, Rebecca?! Be rest assured my dear readers, it's not you, it's me. To quash the rumours to begin with, no I haven't given up blogging, I've actually still been quite active over on my twitter page @RebeccaByTheSea. Anyway, I digress your favourite penguin loving, Marmite lady (See my first ever blog post to understand that reference.) has returned from the perils of her first year university exams.

To be perfectly honest with you, dear reader. I just simply couldn't cope with blogging alongside my studies, my mental health, going to the gym an awful lot more and keeping together some pitiful excuse of a social life. For that, I am truly sorry. :( In amongst all that I've actually done (what I consider to be) some pretty awesome stuff. Oooooh yes, the lists are back people. and if you read that "Ooooh yes" in the Churchill car insurance dog voice, stop watching so much telly.

 1) I've landed myself a role on the university's sub aqua club committee -

Yes, the lovely lads and ladies of HUSAC, for those not in the known, that's the scuba diving society of the university of hull; have decided they like me enough to make me the treasurer of the committee. Nobody else would do it.  In other words, I will be looking after their finances and chasing down the people who haven't paid their joining fees, in the style of a short ninja debt collector of course. No one is safe. Not even you.

2) I turned 20 -

I'm now officially a "twenty something." I really don't know how to feel about it as a lot of people say I already act like a 30 year old with my slippers, tea and persistent symptoms of a mid-life crisis. But all I know is I have such an awesome bucket list of all the things I want to do, all the adventures I want to go on, and the stupid things I want to do with my hair before I turn 30. Which all going well, I should have posted by Sunday evening.

3) Hi, my name's Rebecca, I'm an emergency first responder, may I help you? -

I finally got my Emergency First Response (EFR) qualification! Meaning I'm one step closer to my PADI rescue diver qualification. Wooo! What this qualification has trained me to do is CPR, Defibrillator delivery, basic wound treatment and some other first aid bits and pieces, so may the lord help you if you ever end up with me as your emergency first responder in a bad situation. (Joking!) I had to do my EFR as part of becoming a PADI qualified rescue diver, which if all goes as planned, I should be as of this Sunday. Setting me up nicely to becoming a PADI Dive Master over the summer!

4) Started a new training plan -


Yes, I've got the idea into my head that I would start a figure competitor training programme. Although I'm not going hardcore on it yet, I'm 3 and a half weeks into it and the muscle definition I've gained in such a short period of time is fab and I just really love the programme. The exercise combinations are so much fun and not too complex. It seriously helped me get over the fear of going back into the gym. If anybody wants the link to the plan, just shoot me a message!

And that's that really, I don't think I've been up to much else over the last couple of months over than studying and what is listed above. But as I write this I realise how much I have missed blogging and I can't wait to start producing more content, especially when it comes to updating you all on my adventures over the summer. Be rest assured, there is so much exciting stuff going on that you'll probably end up with a blog every few days!

To finish this post up, If you've known me through this 3 month period of exam preparation you know I could quite often be spotted in the library, crying horribly softly over "The Introduction to Genetic Analysis" but to each and everyone of you both here in Hull and at home, I would like to say a massive thank you for keeping me sane over the last few weeks especially, whether that's been a friendly text message, phone call, plying me with sweets and chocolate in the library or a coffee and chat, I genuinely couldn't of done it without you guys.


NOW GO AND HAVE THE BEST SUMMERS EVER.



No comments:

Post a Comment