Thursday 31 December 2015

Charity Challenge January

Most people's resolutions can be things of self-improvement such as exercising more, losing weight or quitting smoking, which are all amazing things and I send so much love and support to all of you who are going to pursue things likes that  throughout 2016. This year, I have decided to make a resolution to help as many people as possible through the next year, this can stem from  "Acts of Random Kindness" (ARKs), doing charity bag packing and hopefully a 5K run at some point in the year. However, due to
Money being tight for me during the next few months, I will be doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things in a bid to raise money for charity.  So, starting on the 1st of January, I'm not taking on one but TWO challenges. So, here is what I'll be doing for the month of January! Woooo! Yeah!

Challenge number one: Is the Tough n Buff Squat challenge in support of The Children's Society charity. Why have I chosen to do this challenge? Well, it's very close to the sector my Mum works in and a charity which I believe does some fantastic work with vulnerable Children in the UK. In fact on their websites it states that there are currently 3.7 million children in the UK currently living in poverty, and that desperately needs to be tackled and it won't be cheap, so if I can raise just £50 towards this charity, I will be ecstatic. So I'll be doing 2,400 squats in 30 days to raise that money. At the moment thanks to a very generous anonymous donation, there's only £30 to go until I reach that target. That's 10 people donating just £3! If you wish to donate or join in yourself then please follow these links, you beautiful people. (Am I flattering you enough to donate some
Money yet, or?)

To donate - https://www.justgiving.com/Rebecca-Goodwin9/

To sign up and do your own challenge - http://toughnbuff.childrenssociety.org.uk


Challenge number two: Is the Dryathlon in aid of Cancer Research UK. This is a charity so close to my heart for two very prominent reasons. This isn't just to give me a New Years resolution. As many know, in 2010 my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, in 2014 my Gran was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer. My mum is a survivor and warrior for what she's been through! So me giving up drinking and hangovers for a month is nothing compared to the pain she endured through chemotherapy and radiotherapy. My Gran is one of the most wonderful angels in heaven now but I know she'd be proud of me for taking on and eventually completing the  Dryathlon. If you want to do this then follow the sign up link below but if you want to sign up but maybe don't feel quite able to do it enough on your own and want some support then I am more than happy to start a team with someone so we can raise money together to kick cancer's backside! Because it has affected and taken away too many people now. You really are a gorgeous reader and I really, really think you should put your hand in your pockets, count up your coppers and see how much you can donate, a little will go a really long way on the road to £150!

To donate - https://www.justgiving.com/Rebecca-Goodwin-dryathlete20162015

To sign up - http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/charity-challenges/dryathlon

In addition to raising some money for two absolutely amazing charities, I will be getting stronger legs and a bit fitter if I combine it with some cardio, I can't wait for the weather to start lightening up so I can do my power walks! And my body shall be relatively toxin free from giving up whiskey and cider but as I said, compared to what cancer patients go through, it's nothing. I'm hoping I could stretch the no alcohol rule for longer than a month because, well, drinking isn't really the best thing for me because a heavy night out can put me out of action for about 5 days, I'm certainly no ordinary 20 year old.

Whatever you're doing this lovely New Years Eve, I hope you have a magical one. I wish you all the very best of health and happiness through the next year. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for me and my family but whatever's happening, I will be most certainly blogging about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment