Sunday 6 December 2015

Rebecca's 12 days of FITMAS...

I have been mulling over this idea for a little while now but I've come to conclusion, in order to reach my fitness goal for the next few months (see blog post about my goals here.) I'm going to give myself  a kick start programme. THE 12 DAYS OF FITMAS. Ta daaaah. There are many different versions of the 12 days of fitmas (So, I'm not taking credit for the name, at all.) but this is mine, so allow me to lay out why I'm doing it and what I'm going to do. Oooooh, look another list, what a surprise.



1) Why am I doing it?

Well, to put it bluntly I've become really lazy with cardio since I started my bulk 2 years ago and I've been slacking form most training since I've been at university, purely because I've been dedicating most of my time to my studies and the rest to keeping some form of social life to prevent me from going completely insane. So, I felt as the Christmas period approaches I should earn my Christmas dinner and all the extra pigs in blankets I'm going to be eating by setting myself this 12 days of Christmas challenge.



2) When am I doing it?

It won't start exactly 12 days before Christmas or even the 12 days of Christmas. Before anyone thinks I am incapable of being able to manage dates. This is because of my studies and some days at uni I won't be able to go to the gym, studies come first. I've also got a tonne of deadlines due by the 17th December, so I have balance them too.What I'm intending on doing is 12 days of activity in the Christmas period (Until 31st December.)



3) What the heck am I actually going to do?

 I must confess I have already done two days of Fitmas, I've been doing some Yoga for Strength workouts from fitness blender (Click here for video) to ease myself into getting into a routine, so my plans for the next 10 days are to increase my intensity of exercise and thus level of fitness slowly but surely. This is going to be through mainly a Cardio based plan because otherwise I'm just going to avoid it like the plague for the rest of my life and ended up gaining a lot of weight back again. And that would be bad, as I simply cannot afford a whole new wardrobe.



4) So what is this plan you speak of?

Well, since I cannot reveal my plan's for eventual world domination, I guess I can put up my plan for the next 10 days of workouts.

Sunday 6th December - 30 minutes Cardio, abs and arms.

Monday 7th December - Yoga for strength and flexibility, plus 20 minutes Cardio. (Check in)

Tuesday 8th December - 30 minutes Cardio, legs and calves

Wednesday 9th December - Off to York with friends so the walking will be my workout for that day.

Thursday 10th December - 35 minutes Cardio, abs and arms (With more reps/sets)

Friday 11th December - Yoga for strength and flexibility, plus abs and 25 minutes Cardio

Saturday 12th December - 35 minutes Cardio, legs and calves

Sunday 13th December - 40 minutes Cardio

Monday 14th December - 40 minutes Cardio, abs and arms (More weight)

Tuesday 15th December - Yoga for strength and flexibility, plus abs and and 30 minutes Cardio

Wednesday 16th December - 40 minutes Cardio, legs and calves (Final check in)



In terms of nutrition, I will be calorie counting using the myfitnesspal app, I will be taking in around 1,750 calories a day and trying to eat as healthy as possible but being a starving student who's semi-catered, I'm just going to have to see how it goes.

If I do what I feel was a good workout I will make a blog post about it and tell you all what I did that day, whether you like it or not. My Check ins will include weigh ins an progress pictures (If I feel comfortable enough to post them, that is.) If I skip a day, I will simply just do it the next but this will all be completed by December 31st 2015.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment