Sunday 14 February 2016

A Boyfriend's Eye View...

Hello ladies and gents of the blogging world... You don't know me, I don't know you but I have been asked by the crazy penguin lady that is my girlfriend to write a blog for her... Why? I don't know! Possible laziness or just interest in my writing style, speaking of I have a potty mouth seriously I swear like a sailor so for this blog all swear words will be replaced with the word penguin. Oh and if you were hoping for a list... You're not getting one. Sorry.


I don't nessesserily have a topic for this blog just that Rebecca wants to know my side of the relationship and honestly it is the biggest penguin disaster that somehow works... Everything from the way that we met to the way that we act is penguin weird! But I can't lie, I do love her! It takes a lot of patience and a lot of understanding. 

Everyday for Rebecca is an uphill battle, from her crazy work ethic, to her anxiety and it does take its toll on the relationship. Rebecca can have crazy outbursts unknowingly at times just because of stress but keeping calm is key for me, thinking back to the other times this has happened and the realisation that letting her shout her lungs out at me is much better than shouting at someone else... I mean hell, I ain't ever leaving her. Not even if she beats the penguin out of me! (Not that she could, she's tiny.) 

This is in no way a 'how to deal with your crazy partner' blog! Everyone is different and adjusting to the person you love in order to be with them is just part of life! It's second nature to me now, I can feel the pressure change in the air when Rebecca is about to go all Kylo Ren on me! Crying, angry, cutting my head off with a light sabre... Well, maybe not but  one can dream.
The arguments and anxiety and the stress is nothing in comparison to the rest of the relationship; sometimes they seem like such massive hurdles to get over but usually it just takes time... Step out of the room, put the phone down for 30 minutes, or take a walk to the shop and get them chocolates that she will eat and then be angry at you because you're making her 'fat'... But most important thing of all is to never give up!

I'm not all perfect myself, in fact I can't think of one reason Rebecca is with me. Although I am thankful for every day that she has adjusted to the way I am! We balance each other Rebecca's strong work ethic is balanced by my easy going personality, and my laziness is balanced by Rebecca's hustle!

So that's a small amount of what 4 happy and odd years can teach you about a woman. And I'm sure I have many more lessons to come but I will look forward to it whether it's Rebecca freaking out or finding out she's allergic to penguins (Actual penguins, this isn't a swear word!) and having to deal with that insane tantrum that would follow! I'll be with her the whole way through thick and thin, the good and the bad because it's all memories. No matter what kind they are.

Until next time or not, Rebecca is way better at this than me...

Happy Valentine's darling


No comments:

Post a Comment